Wednesday, June 30, 2004

real life ordeal...

so far, i have 72 friends on my list, a few more needed to complete barely two pages. i know it's not much when compared to some of my friends who averaged 180... nonetheless, you call me a friendster fanatic and i won't budge. ok, that maybe too much to say, i could even hear dahon crying out "huwaaaatt???" :) but peeps, let me iterate first how i have come to the point of claiming i dig friendster or at least the concept behind it. :p

at first, i was a complete schizo with the whole idea. on subtle term, hesitant... not too keen into posting everything about myself, much more my most-coveted,sought-after picture [bow!]. see, i have a severe case of chronic paranoia. i thought or should i say i doubted, that everything i post can be used against me...that by merely knowing my name, gender and status, all my nemeses can conspire and plan my ending in whichever way they want it to be... been watching too much "alias"? i agree. have i been listening too much on bin's conspiracy theories? i'm more inclined to agree on that. :p

but then my curiosity won the best of me... who would not after getting about 5 invites from friends? i gave in and joined the friendster wagon. of course, that didn't happen without my utmost precaution [naks!]... no pictures, new email add and too few, to the point of boring, info. yeah, i was later on convinced that my name, gender and status can't say much about me :),or have i been wrong??

i started adding friends of friends that i know, officemates, classmates in college, the next thing i knew i was taking down all my defenses [drama queen!] by giving more info and attaching pictures. anyway, what could they get from knowing what i want to listen, read or watch? i just eventually started to frequent the site... ansaya e!

now, i'm having a grand time touching base again with friends i met along the way whom i somehow lost contact with... from my highschool classmates to my long lost pinsan. the latest on my list? a kinakapatid who i haven't seen in 9 yrs! galing no?!

and for christy fermin wannabe like me? friendster's the easiest way to be "informed". sometimes i just have to know the basic arithmetic, you know, putting two and two together and voila! :) i'd rather not elaborate on this though, friends might delete me from their list hehehe...

on serious note, i see friendster breaking the social structure. [o ha? ano say mo sa claim na to?] you'd figure that somehow you are in same "circle" [with unlimited R in piRsqrd] of friends with an ayala or zobel or any artista you can think of. of course that goes without saying that their friendsters were not put up by impostors or die-hards ha! [try searching for jolens and you'll find 20 matches, so far! hehehe] have you watched jologs or love actually? you'd understand my point better if you have. :p

oh yes, there are bugs and bugs and bugs... it may explain actually why they are forever "beta" as one friend puts it... but as soon as i can complain about my pictures in friends list not appearing, or a testimonial not refreshing, i go back checking for updates. what can you say, adik e :p

----------------------------------------------
disclaimer: this is not a paid advertisement of friendster... actually i'm checking out orkut this time, i wanna be an elitist for a change :p

1 Comments:

At 10:59 AM, Blogger Bin said...

dami mo nga kwento galing sa friendster baby :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home